Recent Posts

Saturday, July 23, 2011

À la folie, pas du tout

I realized I should probably take a moment to explain the etymology of my username: "madlyornatatall"

"Madly or not at all," is my translation of a line from the French version of "He loves me, he loves me not."  That line in particular applies both to romance and my outlook on life in general :)

il m'aime un peu
beaucoup
passionnement
à la folie
pas du tout


he loves me a little
a lot
passionately
madly
not at all


My favorite thing about this little difference in petal-plucking traditions is that while Americans give themselves a 50% chance of being loved, the French give themselves an 80% chance of being loved at least a little bit.  I think I prefer their method.

xo

P.S. There's also a french film called, "À la folie...pas du tout," starring Audrey Tatou (Amélie) that I really enjoyed:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! Not you, robots!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...