Recent Posts

Saturday, July 23, 2011

I sleep with a mouthguard

"Guard" is an odd word, spelling-wise. In no way would you suspect that it contained a "u." It doesn't require one, and in no way is it pronounced. English is a fairly stupid language that I'm cursed with relying upon above all others.


This is what my mouthguard looks like, except my case is red: via


This is attempt number 5,248 at encouraging myself to write more often. I keep hoping that I'll get caught up in the romantic notion of a hand-written journal, but it just doesn't work for me. By the time my writing catches up with my thoughts, the two things are no longer at all related, and I've lost whatever (potentially) sensible material existed therein.
- - - - -
I have a Katy Perry song somewhat stuck in my head, which is unfortunate on many levels, the worst of which being that I only know about one line. It's on repeat. It's not great. I mean, it wasn't at all good to begin with, and its reiteration is just cementing the fact that it's garbage. Really catchy, fun garbage.


Thank you, Katy, for encouraging me to drink "too many shots."

I should go to sleep, as this is just an introductory rambling in the hope that I will continue on in the future. However, at the moment, my eyes hurt. I will probably read for awhile after posting this, but that's irrelevant; book-induced eyeball pain is much less severe than computer-induced eyeball pain.

Have a lovely evening xo


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! Not you, robots!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...