Recent Posts

Friday, August 12, 2011

Bibliophile

I just requested six, yes six, books from the library.  Wanna see?



Case Histories by Kate Atkinson
The first of a series, Case Histories recounts the solving of three mysteries by Private Detective Jackson Brodie.  I love me some mysteries, and the fact that there will be more books to read once I finish this one will be great!




Model Home by Eric Puchner
I found out about this author through www.thestaffrecommends.com (aka my new fave website)'s list of best books of 2010.  The reviewer's summary ended in, "Absorbing, emotional, funny. Can’t recommend it enough." That makes it worth reading, right?





The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson
Yeah, I definitely found out about this one thanks to an interview with the author on The Daily Show.  Apparently, everyone else in Minnesota did, too, because I'm the 207th person to request it...maybe I'll get to in October.  Anyway, the premise sounds really cool: Ronson used a diagnostic test to identify psychopaths in American society, and a lot of them were Fortune 500 CEOs...eek.




Reading Like a Writer by Francine Prose
The author has a fitting last name.  Also, I've been trying to write more often lately, and I thought this might provide some inspiration.




Ron Carlson Writes a Story by Ron Carlson
Ron Carlson, a well-know short story author, provides insight into his writing process.  Comes highly recommended for writers (professionals and hobbyists).




Xenocide by Orson Scott Card
This is the third novel in the Ender's Game series.  I just finished Speaker for the Dead the other night.  These books are not only compellingly suspenseful, they also use a future society to examine the United States' current political situation (particularly regarding international relations).  I'm a few people down the list for this one, too, so I'm hoping it has a quick turnaround!




What are you reading right now?  Any recommendations?
xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! Not you, robots!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...